We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Before performing his residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Gershman attended the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Gershman's hospital/clinic affiliations include Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, and Broward Health.
Dr. Robert Schramm practices allergy & immunology in Boca Raton, FL. The average patient rating for Dr. Schramm is 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Schramm accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
Dr. Maureen Miller, who practices in Boca Raton, FL, Coral Springs, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL, is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. Her average rating from her patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Miller takes. She is a graduate of the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. She has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors. She is affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs.
Dr. Rafael Busto specializes in allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center. Dr. Busto attended Spain for medical school and subsequently trained at Jackson Memorial Medical Center for residency. On average, patients gave him a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff is an allergy & immunology specialist. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.