We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman is a specialist in allergy & immunology. Patients gave Dr. Gershman an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Gershman accepts. Before completing his residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Gershman attended medical school at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Gershman is professionally affiliated with Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, and Broward Health.
Dr. Robert Schramm is a Boca Raton, FL physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Patients gave him an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Schramm honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Maureen Miller practices allergy & immunology in Boca Raton, FL, Coral Springs, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL. Her average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. She accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Miller attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Awards and/or distinctions she has received include Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors. Dr. Miller is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs.
Dr. Rafael Busto is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Busto's average rating from his patients is 3.5 stars out of 5. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center. He honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. After attending Spain for medical school, he completed his residency training at Jackson Memorial Medical Center.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.