We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman is an allergist/immunologist in Miami, FL, Boca Raton, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Gershman is a graduate of the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Gershman trained at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) for residency. He is professionally affiliated with Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, and Broward Health.
Dr. Robert Schramm is an allergy & immunology specialist. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Maureen Miller's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Patients gave her an average rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. She studied medicine at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. She has received the following distinctions: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors.
Dr. Rafael Busto is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. Patients gave Dr. Busto an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. He attended Spain for medical school and subsequently trained at Jackson Memorial Medical Center for residency. He is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff works as an allergist/immunologist. Dr. Shookoff honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.