We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman is a specialist in allergy & immunology. He works in Miami, FL, Boca Raton, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL. His average patient rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. His professional affiliations include Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, and Broward Health. Dr. Gershman is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
Dr. Maureen Miller's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. She is rated highly by her patients. Dr. Miller is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. She has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs.
Dr. Robert Schramm is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. His average rating from his patients is 3.5 stars out of 5. He accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Rafael Busto is an allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Busto studied medicine at Spain. For his professional training, Dr. Busto completed a residency program at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. He has received a 3.5 out of 5 star rating by his patients. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff's specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Shookoff is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.