- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 5 allergist/immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He is rated highly by his patients. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. After attending the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Dr. Gershman completed his residency training at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr. Gershman's hospital/clinic affiliations include Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, and Broward Health.
Dr. Robert Schramm's specialty is allergy & immunology. He has a 3.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Dr. Schramm takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
Dr. Rafael Busto's specialty is allergy & immunology. His average patient rating is 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Busto takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. He graduated from Spain and then he performed his residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center.
Dr. Maureen Miller is an allergy & immunology specialist in Boca Raton, FL, Coral Springs, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL. The average patient rating for Dr. Miller is 4.0 stars out of 5. She is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Dr. Miller has received the following distinctions: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff practices allergy & immunology. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Shookoff honors.