We found 5 neonatologists who accept Aetna near Newark, DE.
Dr. Oluremi Adesida's areas of specialization are pediatric hospital medicine, neonatology, and general pediatrics. Her areas of expertise include hospital care. Dr. Adesida honors Coventry, Aetna, and Sagamore, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing her residency at Hahnemann University Hospital and Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital, Dr. Adesida attended medical school at the University of Ibadan College of Medicine. She speaks Yoruba. She is professionally affiliated with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Reading Health System, and MetroSouth Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Hospitalist
Dr. Kelly Zook's specialty is neonatology. After attending Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College for medical school, she completed her residency training at Jefferson University Hospitals. Dr. Zook accepts United Healthcare HSA, United Healthcare HMO, and United Healthcare POS, as well as other insurance carriers. She is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus, Riddle Hospital, and New Milford Hospital. She is closed to new patients at this time.
Dr. Amanda Kay's area of specialization is neonatology. She is in-network for Aetna, Aetna Bronze, and Aetna HSA, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Kay graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine. She trained at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children for residency. She is affiliated with Union Hospital Health System.
Dr. Andrew Ellefson is a neonatology specialist in Newark, DE and Wilmington, DE. He takes Coventry, Aetna HSA, Coventry HSA, and more. For his professional training, Dr. Ellefson completed a residency program at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Dr. Kevin Sullivan's area of specialization is neonatology. He is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). He takes Coventry, Aetna HSA, Coventry HSA, and more. Dr. Sullivan graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Seattle Children's Hospital.
Conditions / Treatments
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat