We found 6 dermatologists who accept Coventry HMO near Washington, DC.
Dr. Lewis Glass is a specialist in dermatopathology. His patients gave him an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. He is especially interested in cutaneous lymphoma and melanoma. Dr. Glass is affiliated with Emory Healthcare and GW Medical Faculty Associates. He is in-network for Coventry, United Healthcare HSA, United Healthcare HMO, and more. After completing medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Davis.
Clinical interests: Cutaneous Lymphoma, Melanoma
Dr. Allan Harrington is a dermatology (skin disorders) specialist. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Dr. Harrington honors Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver, as well as other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of Dartmouth Medical School and a graduate of Fitzsimons Army Medical Center's residency program. His distinctions include: Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors; Physician Educator Of The Year, 1989,1990-Martin; and Army Hospital, Ft Benning, Ga. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Greater Baltimore Medical Center, MedStar Health, and Johns Hopkins Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact Dr. Harrington's office for an appointment.
Dr. Ilene Bayer is a physician who specializes in dermatopathology. Before performing her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Dr. Bayer attended the University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine for medical school. Dr. Bayer honors Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver, in addition to other insurance carriers. She has received the following distinction: F. Stephen Vogel Award, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
Dr. Don Clarke is a medical specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). In addition to English, Dr. Clarke (or staff) speaks Spanish and Portuguese. He is affiliated with Washington DC VA Medical Center. Dr. Clarke studied medicine at Autonomous University of Guadalajara Faculty of Medicine. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Yamini Saripalli is a dermatology (skin disorders) specialist. Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Saripalli honors. Dr. Saripalli graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
Dr. David Cowan practices MOHS-micrographic surgery. Dr. Cowan has received a 3.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. He honors United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.