We found 6 dermatologists who accept Coventry HMO near Washington, DC.
Dr. Lewis Glass works as a dermatopathologist. He has a special interest in cutaneous lymphoma and melanoma. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Emory Healthcare and GW Medical Faculty Associates. Dr. Glass's education and training includes medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Davis. Patient reviews placed Dr. Glass at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. He takes Coventry, United Healthcare HSA, and United Healthcare HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Cutaneous Lymphoma, Melanoma
Dr. Allan Harrington is a specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). His hospital/clinic affiliations include Greater Baltimore Medical Center, MedStar Health, and Johns Hopkins Hospital. After attending Dartmouth Medical School, he completed his residency training at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center. Dr. Harrington's average rating from his patients is 4.5 stars out of 5. Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Harrington honors. Dr. Harrington has received professional recognition including the following: Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors; Physician Educator Of The Year, 1989,1990-Martin; and Army Hospital, Ft Benning, Ga. His practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Ilene Bayer is a medical specialist in dermatopathology. Dr. Bayer is an in-network provider for Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver, as well as other insurance carriers. She obtained her medical school training at the University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine and performed her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. She has received professional recognition including the following: F. Stephen Vogel Award, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
Dr. Don Clarke is a dermatology (skin disorders) specialist. Dr. Clarke (or staff) speaks Spanish and Portuguese. He is affiliated with Washington DC VA Medical Center. Dr. Clarke graduated from Autonomous University of Guadalajara Faculty of Medicine. He takes several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry.
Dr. Yamini Saripalli specializes in dermatology (skin disorders). Dr. Saripalli graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. She takes Coventry, Coventry Bronze, and Coventry Silver, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. David Cowan is a mohs skin cancer surgeon. Dr. Cowan has a 3.0 out of 5 star average patient rating. He honors several insurance carriers, including United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate. He studied medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.