We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield near Stamford, CT.
Dr. Mitchell Lester's area of specialization is pediatric allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Western Connecticut Health Network and Yale New Haven Health System. Anthem, ConnectiCare, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Lester takes. Dr. Lester's practice is open to new patients. He attended Brown University, Alpert Medical School and subsequently trained at Rhode Island Hospital for residency.
Clinical interests: Airway Management, Allergic Rhinitis, Allergy/Allergies, Asthma, Pediatric Asthma
Dr. Denise Kearney works as an allergist/immunologist. Dr. Kearney graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and then she performed her residency at Jacobi Medical Center. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Kearney include allergy testing. She accepts Anthem, ConnectiCare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and more. Her professional affiliations include MidState Medical Center and Yale New Haven Health System. Dr. Kearney welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergy Testing, Allergic Dermatology, Allergic Respiratory Symptoms, Allergic Rhinitis, Allergy & ... (Read more)
Dr. Mark Litchman is an allergist/immunologist in Norwalk, CT, Stamford, CT, and New Haven, CT. Dr. Litchman is professionally affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. He studied medicine at Rush Medical College. He completed his residency training at Greenwich Hospital. Patient ratings for Dr. Litchman average 3.0 stars out of 5. He accepts MultiPlan, Anthem, Health Net, and more. Dr. Litchman's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergic Respiratory Symptoms, Allergic Rhinitis, Allergy & Asthma Management, Allergy/Allergies, ... (Read more)
Dr. Agnieszka Matczuk specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and practices in Norwalk, CT, New Haven, CT, and Stamford, CT. In addition to English, Dr. Matczuk (or staff) speaks Spanish and French. Dr. Matczuk is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. She obtained her medical school training at Poznan University of Medical Sciences and performed her residency at Beth Israel Medical Center. She takes several insurance carriers, including MultiPlan, Anthem, and Health Net. Dr. Matczuk has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Allergic Dermatology, Allergic Respiratory Symptoms, Allergy & Asthma Management, ... (Read more)
Dr. Joseph Sproviero is an adult allergy & immunology specialist. He accepts Anthem, ConnectiCare, and POMCO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Sproviero studied medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. He trained at Yale-New Haven Hospital for residency. He is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. Dr. Sproviero is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergic Rhinitis, Asthma, Eczema, Hives, Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Sinusitis
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.