We found 8 immunologists who accept United Healthcare near Greenwich, CT.
Dr. Avi Deener's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group. He takes Child Health Plus, Cigna, and Aetna, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Deener attended medical school at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. For his residency, Dr. Deener trained at a hospital affiliated with UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School and a hospital affiliated with UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Dr. Deener (or staff) speaks Hebrew and Spanish.
Dr. Laura Mechanic works as an allergist and immunologist. Before completing her residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Mechanic attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. MVP Health Care, MultiPlan, and Cigna are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Mechanic honors. She is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Mechanic's hospital/clinic affiliations include White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group.
Dr. Mitchell Lester specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. He has a 5.0 out of 5 star average patient rating. Dr. Lester's professional affiliations include Western Connecticut Health Network and Yale New Haven Health System. He accepts Anthem, ConnectiCare, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance carriers. He is accepting new patients. After attending Brown University, Alpert Medical School, Dr. Lester completed his residency training at Rhode Island Hospital.
Clinical interests: Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Agnieszka Matczuk is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. She works in Norwalk, CT, New Haven, CT, and Stamford, CT. Dr. Matczuk (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and French. Dr. Matczuk is professionally affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. She is a graduate of Poznan University of Medical Sciences and a graduate of Beth Israel Medical Center's residency program. She takes MultiPlan, Anthem, Health Net, and more. Her practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Hives, Food Allergy, Angioedema, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Chronic Cough, ... (Read more)
Dr. Mark Litchman, who practices in Norwalk, CT, Stamford, CT, and New Haven, CT, is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. He attended medical school at Rush Medical College. His training includes a residency program at Greenwich Hospital. Dr. Litchman's average rating from his patients is 3.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for MultiPlan, Anthem, and Health Net, as well as other insurance carriers. He is professionally affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. Dr. Litchman's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hives, Food Allergy, Respiratory Infection, ... (Read more)
Dr. Joseph Sproviero specializes in adult allergy & immunology. He accepts Anthem, ConnectiCare, and POMCO, in addition to other insurance carriers. His education and training includes medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons and residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Sproviero is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Hives, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Yelena Kopyltsova's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. She honors POMCO, HealthSmart, and Viant, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Kopyltsova attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. In addition to English, she speaks Russian. She is professionally affiliated with ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Asthma
Dr. Ryan Steele's specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Steele is an in-network provider for Health Insurance Plan of New York (HIP), POMCO, and HealthSmart, as well as other insurance carriers. His training includes a residency program at Winthrop University Hospital. His professional affiliations include ENT and Allergy Associates, Winthrop-University Hospital, and NYU Langone Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Asthma
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.