We found 8 immunologists who accept United Healthcare near Greenwich, CT.
Dr. Avi Deener specializes in allergy & immunology. He accepts Child Health Plus, Cigna, and Aetna, as well as other insurance carriers. After completing medical school at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, he performed his residency at Hackensack University Medical Center. Dr. Deener (or staff) speaks the following languages: Hebrew and Spanish. Dr. Deener's hospital/clinic affiliations include White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group.
Dr. Laura Mechanic specializes in adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Mechanic's hospital/clinic affiliations include White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group. She honors MVP Health Care, MultiPlan, Cigna, and more. She is a graduate of New York University (NYU) School of Medicine and a graduate of Mount Sinai Medical Center's residency program. In addition to English, Dr. Mechanic speaks Spanish.
Dr. Mitchell Lester, who practices in Norwalk, CT, Stamford, CT, and New Haven, CT, is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Western Connecticut Health Network and Yale New Haven Health System. Dr. Lester attended medical school at Brown University, Alpert Medical School. His training includes a residency program at Rhode Island Hospital. His average rating from his patients is 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Lester honors Anthem, ConnectiCare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and more. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Agnieszka Matczuk is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Matczuk (or staff) is conversant in Spanish and French. Dr. Matczuk is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. She attended medical school at Poznan University of Medical Sciences. She trained at Beth Israel Medical Center for residency. Dr. Matczuk takes several insurance carriers, including MultiPlan, Anthem, and Health Net. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Angioedema, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Hives, Chronic Cough, Asthma, Food ... (Read more)
Dr. Mark Litchman practices allergy & immunology. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. He takes several insurance carriers, including MultiPlan, Anthem, and Health Net. Dr. Litchman graduated from Rush Medical College and then he performed his residency at Greenwich Hospital. Dr. Litchman is professionally affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hives, Food Allergy, Respiratory Infection, ... (Read more)
Dr. Joseph Sproviero is an allergist and immunologist. He is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. He graduated from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. For his residency, Dr. Sproviero trained at Yale-New Haven Hospital. He is in-network for Anthem, ConnectiCare, and POMCO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Sproviero has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Hives, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Yelena Kopyltsova specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in Purchase, NY. She is a graduate of New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. She is an in-network provider for POMCO, HealthSmart, and Viant, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Kopyltsova is conversant in Russian. She is professionally affiliated with ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Asthma
Dr. Ryan Steele's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He is in-network for POMCO, HealthSmart, and Viant, as well as other insurance carriers. He is professionally affiliated with ENT and Allergy Associates and Winthrop-University Hospital.
Clinical interests: Asthma
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.