We found 7 immunologists who accept United Healthcare near Greenwich, CT.
Dr. Avi Deener's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. He takes Child Health Plus, Cigna, and Aetna, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. For his professional training, Dr. Deener completed residency programs at a hospital affiliated with UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School and a hospital affiliated with UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. In addition to English, Dr. Deener (or staff) speaks Hebrew and Spanish. He is affiliated with White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group.
Dr. Laura Mechanic, who practices in White Plains, NY, Yonkers, NY, and Purchase, NY, is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Mechanic speaks Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with White Plains Hospital and WESTMED Medical Group. Before performing her residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Mechanic attended New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. MVP Health Care, MultiPlan, and Cigna are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Mechanic honors.
Dr. Mitchell Lester's medical specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Lester is professionally affiliated with Western Connecticut Health Network and Yale New Haven Health System. He attended Brown University, Alpert Medical School and subsequently trained at Rhode Island Hospital for residency. The average patient rating for Dr. Lester is 5.0 stars out of 5. He honors Anthem, ConnectiCare, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance carriers. His practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Airway Management, Allergic Rhinitis, Allergy/Allergies, Asthma, Pediatric Asthma
Dr. Mark Litchman's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He has received a 3.5 out of 5 star rating by his patients. He is an in-network provider for MultiPlan, Anthem, Health Net, and more. Dr. Litchman's education and training includes medical school at Rush Medical College and residency at Greenwich Hospital. He is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. Dr. Litchman welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergic Respiratory Symptoms, Allergic Rhinitis, Allergy & Asthma Management, Allergy/Allergies, ... (Read more)
Dr. Agnieszka Matczuk specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. In addition to English, Dr. Matczuk (or staff) speaks Spanish and French. She is professionally affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. After completing medical school at Poznan University of Medical Sciences, she performed her residency at Beth Israel Medical Center. She is an in-network provider for MultiPlan, Anthem, and Health Net, as well as other insurance carriers. She is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergic Dermatology, Allergic Respiratory Symptoms, Allergy & Asthma Management, ... (Read more)
Dr. Joseph Sproviero is a specialist in adult allergy & immunology. He works in Norwalk, CT, Stamford, CT, and New Haven, CT. He graduated from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. His residency was performed at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Sproviero honors Anthem, ConnectiCare, and POMCO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Sproviero is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Allergic Rhinitis, Asthma, Eczema, Hives, Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Sinusitis
Dr. Yelena Kopyltsova is an allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Kopyltsova attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. She takes several insurance carriers, including POMCO, HealthSmart, and Viant. She speaks Russian. She is affiliated with ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Adult and Pediatric Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.