We found 4 immunologists who accept Anthem near Santa Cruz, CA.
Dr. Raymond Hong is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. He has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Dr. Hong is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network and Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group. He honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and TRICARE, as well as other insurance carriers. He welcomes new patients. Dr. Hong attended New York University (NYU) School of Medicine and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Irvine for residency. He speaks Spanish.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Atopic Dermatitis, Conjunctivitis, Food Allergy, ... (Read more)
Dr. Vinay Gowda's medical specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Gowda's hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network and Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group. He graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine. He trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Irvine for his residency. Dr. Gowda honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and TRICARE, in addition to other insurance carriers. He has an open panel.
Dr. Daniel Kim's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Kim's patients gave him an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and TRICARE, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. Dr. Kim's residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Irvine. In addition to English, he speaks Korean. He is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network and Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group. He is open to new patients.
Dr. Alan Goldsobel's specialty is allergy & immunology. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Goldsobel attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine. The average patient rating for Dr. Goldsobel is 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Goldsobel is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield. He is affiliated with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.