We found 1 general surgeons who accepts Blue Shield of California HMO near Santa Barbara, CA.
Specializes in General Surgery
317 West Pueblo Street
Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Marc Zerey practices general surgery in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Zerey takes Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at McGill University Faculty of Medicine.
What is General Surgery? A general surgeon is a specialist who performs many different kinds of operations, with a focus on those located in the chest and abdomen. General surgeons have specific knowledge about anatomy, surgical techniques, and wound care that allows them to excel at a wide variety of procedures. While a general surgeon can perform many different kinds of operations, there are a few types that are most common in general surgery. They include:
- Mastectomies and breast cancer removal
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgery, including hernia repairs and weight loss surgery
- Colorectal surgery to treat conditions such as intestinal polyps or Crohn’s disease
- Abdominal transplants, such as kidney transplants or liver transplants
- Emergency surgery, performing all different kinds of needed surgery in an emergency department