- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 3 allergist/immunologists who accept Health Net PPO near San Ramon, CA.
Dr. Matthew Lodewick is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. His professional affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, and Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG). After completing medical school at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Dr. Lodewick performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Washington. Patient ratings for Dr. Lodewick average 4.5 stars out of 5. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CIGNA Plans, and more. Dr. Lodewick has received the following distinction: San Francisco Super Doctors. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Dr. Barbara Karpel is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. Dr. Karpel's professional affiliations include SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, and John Muir Physician Network. Her education and training includes medical school at SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She is an in-network provider for Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. She has received professional recognition including the following: San Francisco Super Doctors. Dr. Karpel welcomes new patients.
Dr. Shilpi Anand sees patients in Walnut Creek, CA, Pleasanton, CA, and San Ramon, CA. Her medical specialty is allergy & immunology. She is affiliated with John Muir Physician Network. She attended Albany Medical College for medical school and subsequently trained at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital for residency. Dr. Anand takes Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers.