We found 4 immunologists who accept Health Net HSP near San Diego, CA.
Dr. Bruce Prenner practices allergy & immunology in San Diego, CA. He obtained his medical school training at SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). Dr. Prenner is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Shield, and more. He has received professional recognition including the following: San Diego Super Doctors. He is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego, and Scripps Mercy Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Allergy & Immunology, Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Bernard Feigenbaum is an allergist/immunologist. In addition to English, Dr. Feigenbaum speaks Spanish. Clinical interests for Dr. Feigenbaum include contact dermatitis, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. His professional affiliations include Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Scripps Mercy Hospital, and Sharp HealthCare. Dr. Feigenbaum obtained his medical school training at Boston University School of Medicine and performed his residency at Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. Dr. Feigenbaum is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine, Allergic rhinitis, Allergy testing, Allergy treatment, ... (Read more)
Dr. Jennifer Pendleton specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Pendleton accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield. She obtained her medical school training at American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine and performed her residency at Western Reserve Care System. She is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Her practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Clara Toro, who practices in Chula Vista, CA, is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. She is in-network for Health Net and Health Net HMO insurance. She attended medical school at Temple University School of Medicine. Dr. Toro speaks Spanish.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.