We found 6 genetics specialists who accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield near Sacramento, CA.
Dr. Laura Workman's area of specialization is pediatric genetics. She takes several insurance carriers, including AARP, Anthem, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Dr. Workman studied medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine. For her professional training, Dr. Workman completed a residency program at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG), and Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. Her practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Barbara Friedman works as a genetics specialist. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Friedman takes. Dr. Friedman graduated from the University of Vermont College of Medicine and then she performed her residency at a hospital affiliated with SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Dr. Marthand Eswara sees patients in Sacramento, CA. His medical specialty is pediatric genetics. Dr. Eswara is affiliated with Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. He graduated from Andhra Medical College. He completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with St. Louis University (SLU). Dr. Eswara takes Anthem and Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Roblee Allen practices adult critical care and genetics. He studied medicine at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. Dr. Allen honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Western Health Advantage, and more. He has received professional recognition including the following: Sacramento Super Doctors.
Dr. Katherine Rauen practices genetics in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Rauen takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage, as well as other insurance carriers. She studied medicine at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Dr. Rauen (or staff) speaks Spanish, Vietnamese, and Cantonese.
Ms. Barbara Briscoe's areas of specialization are family therapy and genetics; she sees patients in Sacramento, CA. Ms. Briscoe honors Blue Shield, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage insurance.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.