We found 7 genetics specialists who accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield near Sacramento, CA.
Dr. Laura Workman practices pediatric genetics in Oakland, CA and Sacramento, CA. She is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG), and Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. Dr. Workman attended medical school at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine. She completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Dr. Barbara Friedman is a physician who specializes in genetics. She takes several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage. Before completing her residency at a hospital affiliated with SUNY Upstate Medical University, Dr. Friedman attended medical school at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
Dr. Marthand Eswara specializes in pediatric genetics and practices in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Eswara is affiliated with Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. He accepts the following insurance: Anthem and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. He is accepting new patients. He is a graduate of Andhra Medical College. For his professional training, Dr. Eswara completed a residency program at a hospital affiliated with St. Louis University (SLU).
Dr. Roblee Allen's specialties are adult critical care and genetics. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Allen honors. Dr. Allen attended medical school at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. He has received the following distinction: Sacramento Super Doctors.
Dr. Katherine Rauen's area of specialization is genetics. Dr. Rauen accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Western Health Advantage, and more. She is a graduate of the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Rauen (or staff) speaks Spanish, Vietnamese, and Cantonese.
Dr. Reymundo Lozano, who practices in Sacramento, CA, is a medical specialist in genetics. He accepts Anthem and Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance. Dr. Lozano graduated from the University of Guadalajara, University Center of Health Sciences. He speaks Spanish.
Ms. Barbara Briscoe specializes in family therapy and genetics and practices in Sacramento, CA. She is in-network for Blue Shield, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage insurance.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.