We found 7 genetics specialists who accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield near Sacramento, CA.
Dr. Barbara Friedman is a genetics specialist. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Friedman takes. Before completing her residency at a hospital affiliated with SUNY Upstate Medical University, Dr. Friedman attended medical school at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
Dr. Marthand Eswara is a pediatric genetics specialist. Dr. Eswara accepts the following insurance: Anthem and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with St. Louis University (SLU), Dr. Eswara attended Andhra Medical College for medical school. He is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Roblee Allen's medical specialty is adult critical care and genetics. He is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage, in addition to other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. Dr. Allen has received the following distinction: Sacramento Super Doctors.
Dr. Katherine Rauen is a medical specialist in genetics. Dr. Rauen takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage, as well as other insurance carriers. She is a graduate of the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Rauen (or staff) speaks Spanish, Vietnamese, and Cantonese.
Dr. Shayesteh Pashaei is a physician who specializes in molecular genetic pathology and dermatopathology. She is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield. In addition to English, Dr. Pashaei (or staff) speaks French and Persian. Dr. Pashaei is affiliated with Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, Sutter Davis Hospital, and Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
Dr. Reymundo Lozano specializes in genetics. Dr. Lozano is an in-network provider for Anthem and Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance. He attended medical school at the University of Guadalajara, University Center of Health Sciences. He is conversant in Spanish.
Ms. Barbara Briscoe works as a family therapist and genetics specialist in Sacramento, CA. Ms. Briscoe is in-network for Blue Shield, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage insurance.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.