We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Anthem near Monterey, CA.
Dr. Peter Gerbino practices orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in Monterey, CA. Dr. Gerbino studied medicine at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. For his professional training, Dr. Gerbino completed a residency program at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Patients gave him an average rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Gerbino honors several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry. He has received professional recognition including the following: United States Navy Medical School Scholarship; National Merit Commendation; and Clinical Orthopedic Society Travelling Fellowship. He offers interpreting services for his patients. He has an open panel.
Dr. Patrick Wong's areas of specialization are physiatry (physical medicine & rehabilitation) and sports medicine. Dr. Wong takes Blue Shield, Health Net, and Anthem, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston for residency.
Dr. Michael Klassen is a specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He works in Monterey, CA. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Klassen accepts Blue Shield, Health Net, and Anthem, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine. He trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) for residency.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury