We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Anthem near Monterey, CA.
Dr. Peter Gerbino's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine; he sees patients in Monterey, CA. Dr. Gerbino has a 5.0 out of 5 star average patient rating. He takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, as well as other insurance carriers. After attending the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, he completed his residency training at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Dr. Gerbino has received professional recognition including the following: United States Navy Medical School Scholarship; National Merit Commendation; and Clinical Orthopedic Society Travelling Fellowship. He offers interpreting services for his patients. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Patrick Wong, who practices in Monterey, CA, is a medical specialist in physiatry (physical medicine & rehabilitation) and sports medicine. He attended Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Dr. Wong is in-network for Blue Shield, Health Net, Anthem, and more.
Dr. Michael Klassen practices orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patients gave him an average rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Klassen honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Shield, Health Net, and Anthem. He obtained his medical school training at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury