We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Anthem near Monterey, CA.
Dr. Peter Gerbino is a specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He works in Monterey, CA. The average patient rating for Dr. Gerbino is 5.0 stars out of 5. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, in addition to other insurance carriers. His education and training includes medical school at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and residency at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Dr. Gerbino has received professional recognition including the following: United States Navy Medical School Scholarship; National Merit Commendation; and Clinical Orthopedic Society Travelling Fellowship. He offers interpreting services for his patients. He is open to new patients.
Dr. Patrick Wong's areas of specialization are physiatry (physical medicine & rehabilitation) and sports medicine. Blue Shield, Health Net, and Anthem are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Wong takes. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dr. Wong attended Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Michael Klassen specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. After completing medical school at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine, Dr. Klassen performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He has received a 5.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. He is in-network for Blue Shield, Health Net, Anthem, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury