- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Anthem near Monterey, CA.
Dr. Peter Gerbino is a physician who specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Dr. Gerbino's average rating from his patients is 5.0 stars out of 5. He accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. Dr. Gerbino (or staff) speaks Spanish. He also offers interpreting services for his patients. His practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Lower Back Problems, ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Klassen practices orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patient reviews placed Dr. Klassen at an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. He accepts Blue Shield, Health Net, Anthem, and more. Before completing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Klassen attended medical school at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine.
Dr. Patrick Wong's areas of specialization are physiatry (physical medicine & rehabilitation) and sports medicine. Dr. Wong attended medical school at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School. He completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Shield, Health Net, and Anthem.