We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Shield 65 Plus near Mission Viejo, CA.
Dr. William Berger's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Berger's average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. He takes AARP, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, and more. He graduated from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Distinctions awarded to Dr. Berger include: Southern California Super Doctors; Southern California Super Doctors 2008; and Preeminent Women's Health Doctors. In addition to English, he speaks French. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Allergy & Asthma Associates of Southern California, Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital. Dr. Berger welcomes new patients.
Dr. Otto Liao is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology. He works in Tustin, CA, Huntington Beach, CA, and Laguna Hills, CA. Dr. Liao has a special interest in sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. He takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medi-Cal, and more. Before completing his residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Liao attended medical school at the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. He has received professional recognition including the following: Southern California Super Doctors. Dr. Liao (or staff) is conversant in Mandarin and Spanish. He is affiliated with St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group, Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), and St. Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians (SJHAP). He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Allergies, Food Allergy, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Warner Carr practices adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Carr's areas of clinical interest consist of hay fever (allergic rhinitis), asthma, and food allergy. He accepts AARP, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, and more. He is a graduate of the University of Washington School of Medicine. He trained at Brooke Army Medical Center for his residency. His professional affiliations include Allergy & Asthma Associates of Southern California, Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact Dr. Carr's office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Food Allergy, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Mark Sugar is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. On average, patients gave him a rating of 3.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Sugar is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield. He studied medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. His residency was performed at Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center. Dr. Sugar (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and French. Dr. Sugar is affiliated with Allergy & Asthma Associates of Southern California, Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital. He has an open panel.
Dr. Christina Schwindt practices pediatric immunology, pediatric critical care, and allergy & immunology. She is professionally affiliated with Allergy & Asthma Associates of Southern California, Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital. She attended St. Louis University School of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at a hospital affiliated with St. Louis University (SLU). Dr. Schwindt accepts several insurance carriers, including AARP, Anthem, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Dr. Schwindt's practice is open to new patients.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.