We found 3 immunologists who accept Medicaid near Los Angeles, CA.
Dr. Victor Pedroza's specialty is adult allergy & immunology. He is a graduate of Autonomous University of Guadalajara Faculty of Medicine. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Medi-Cal are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Pedroza takes. He is conversant in Spanish.
Dr. Chung Kim specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. He studied medicine at Seoul National University College of Medicine. Dr. Kim takes several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medi-Cal, and Blue Shield. Dr. Kim (or staff) speaks Korean and Spanish. He is affiliated with Adventist Health System.
Dr. Edward Hu's medical specialty is adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Hu (or staff) speaks Mandarin and Spanish. He graduated from Boston University School of Medicine. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Medi-Cal are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Hu takes. He has received the following distinction: Southern California Rising Stars.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.