We found 4 immunologists who accept Blue Shield of California near Escondido, CA.
Dr. Susan Laubach's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Laubach is conversant in Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. She graduated from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), School of Medicine and then she performed her residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center. She takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Nancy Ostrom is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist in Encinitas, CA, Escondido, CA, and San Diego, CA. Dr. Ostrom's education and training includes medical school at Mayo Medical School and residency at Mayo Clinic. Her average rating from her patients is 4.5 stars out of 5. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan. She has received the following distinction: San Diego Super Doctors. Dr. Ostrom is affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
Dr. Alexander Greiner is an adult allergy & immunology specialist. He is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Greiner honors. He attended SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school and subsequently trained at Winthrop University Hospital for residency. Dr. Greiner (or staff) speaks the following languages: Spanish, German, and French.
Dr. Michael Welch's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. He is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Sharp Health Plan, and more. Dr. Welch graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), David Geffen School of Medicine. For his professional training, Dr. Welch completed a residency program at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Welch has received the distinction of San Diego Super Doctors. He is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.