We found 4 dermatologists who accept Sharp Health Plan HMO near Encinitas, CA.
Dr. Sheila Friedlander's medical specialty is pediatric dermatology. Dr. Friedlander graduated from the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. For her residency, Dr. Friedlander trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Friedlander has received professional recognition including the following: San Diego Super Doctors. She speaks Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
Dr. Magdalene Dohil is a specialist in pediatric dermatology. She works in Murrieta, CA, San Diego, CA, and Encinitas, CA. She is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. Dr. Dohil is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan, in addition to other insurance carriers. She studied medicine at the University of Munster Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Dohil (or staff) speaks Spanish and German.
Dr. Catalina Matiz works as a pediatric dermatologist. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego and Sharp Rees-Stealy. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Matiz accepts. Dr. Matiz attended National University of Colombia Faculty of Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at Penn State Hershey Medical Center for residency. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish.
Dr. Richard Scott's specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). His areas of expertise include the following: warts, chemical peels, and psoriasis. He is professionally affiliated with Sharp Rees-Stealy. Dr. Scott graduated from Georgetown University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at National Naval Medical Center. He honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. He welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Warts, Psoriasis, Cryosurgery, Chemical Peels, Laser Surgery, Cosmetic Procedures
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Gender
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.