We found 4 dermatologists who accept Sharp Health Plan HMO near Encinitas, CA.
Dr. Sheila Friedlander is a specialist in pediatric dermatology. She works in San Diego, CA, Murrieta, CA, and Encinitas, CA. Dr. Friedlander is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan. Her education and training includes medical school at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She has received professional recognition including the following: San Diego Super Doctors. Dr. Friedlander speaks Spanish.
Dr. Magdalene Dohil is a pediatric dermatology specialist in Murrieta, CA, San Diego, CA, and Encinitas, CA. Dr. Dohil is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. She is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan, as well as other insurance carriers. She graduated from the University of Munster Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Dohil (or staff) is conversant in Spanish and German.
Dr. Catalina Matiz, who practices in Encinitas, CA, Escondido, CA, and Murrieta, CA, is a medical specialist in pediatric dermatology. Dr. Matiz's professional affiliations include Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego and Sharp Rees-Stealy. She accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan, as well as other insurance carriers. Before completing her residency at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Dr. Matiz attended medical school at National University of Colombia Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Matiz is conversant in Spanish.
Dr. Richard Scott is a dermatology (skin disorders) specialist. His areas of expertise include warts, cryotherapy, and chemical peels. He is affiliated with Sharp Rees-Stealy. Dr. Scott studied medicine at Georgetown University School of Medicine. He trained at National Naval Medical Center for residency. He is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. Dr. Scott is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Warts, Cryosurgery, Psoriasis, Chemical Peels, Laser Surgery, Cosmetic Procedures
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Gender
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.