We found 4 dermatologists who accept Sharp Health Plan HMO near Encinitas, CA.
Dr. Sheila Friedlander's specialty is pediatric dermatology. Dr. Friedlander accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan. She studied medicine at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. She trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine for residency. She has received the following distinction: San Diego Super Doctors. Dr. Friedlander is conversant in Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
Dr. Magdalene Dohil is a pediatric dermatologist in Murrieta, CA, San Diego, CA, and Encinitas, CA. Dr. Dohil is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan. She attended medical school at the University of Munster Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Dohil (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and German. She is professionally affiliated with Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
Dr. Richard Scott's medical specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). He attended Georgetown University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at National Naval Medical Center. Clinical interests for Dr. Scott include warts, cryotherapy, and chemical peels. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Scott takes. He is professionally affiliated with Sharp Rees-Stealy. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Warts, Cryosurgery, Psoriasis, Chemical Peels, Laser Surgery, Cosmetic Procedures
Dr. Catalina Matiz works as a pediatric dermatologist. She attended medical school at National University of Colombia Faculty of Medicine. Her medical residency was performed at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Sharp Health Plan are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Matiz honors. In addition to English, Dr. Matiz speaks Spanish. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego and Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Gender
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.