We found 5 immunologists who accept United Healthcare HMO near Burlingame, CA.
Dr. Steven Machtinger specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. He speaks Spanish. These areas are among Dr. Machtinger's clinical interests: chronic sinusitis and food allergy. His professional affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. He attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. Patient ratings for Dr. Machtinger average 4.5 stars out of 5. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Machtinger honors. He is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Food Allergy, Chronic Sinusitis
Dr. Betty Miller is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist. Her average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Miller is especially interested in allergies. She is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), and Seton Medical Center. She takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Health Net ELECT POS, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Miller's practice is open to new patients. Before completing her residency at Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Dr. Miller attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Dr. Miller (or staff) speaks the following languages: Filipino and Spanish.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Food Allergy, Angioedema, Asthma
Dr. Joann Blessing-Moore works as a pediatric pulmonologist and allergist/immunologist in San Mateo, CA and Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Blessing-Moore has received a 4.0 out of 5 star rating by her patients. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Blessing-Moore honors. After attending Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine and SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school, she completed her residency training at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and Stanford Hospital & Clinics. Dr. Blessing-Moore (or staff) speaks Spanish and French. She is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Her practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Clinical Trials, Immunodeficiency, Atopic Dermatitis, Allergies, Conjunctivitis, ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Cowan is an allergist/immunologist in Pleasanton, CA, Burlingame, CA, and Daly City, CA. His professional affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Seton Medical Center, and Brown & Toland Physicians. He takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Cowan is open to new patients. He attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine.
Dr. Barbara Conner-Andersen practices pediatric allergy & immunology. She is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Mills-Peninsula Medical Group (MPMG). Dr. Conner-Andersen accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CIGNA Plans, and more. She attended medical school at Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.