We found 5 immunologists who accept United Healthcare HMO near Burlingame, CA.
Dr. Steven Machtinger is a San Mateo, CA physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Areas of expertise for Dr. Machtinger include chronic sinusitis and food allergy. The average patient rating for Dr. Machtinger is 4.0 stars out of 5. He takes several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans. He attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. Dr. Machtinger is conversant in Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. He is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Food Allergy, Chronic Sinusitis
Dr. Betty Miller is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. In addition to English, Dr. Miller (or staff) speaks Filipino and Spanish. She is especially interested in seasonal allergies, angioedema, and food allergy. She is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), and Seton Medical Center. Before performing her residency at Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Dr. Miller attended SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school. On average, patients gave Dr. Miller a rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Health Net ELECT POS are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Miller honors. Dr. Miller's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Food Allergy, Seasonal Allergies, Angioedema, Asthma
Dr. Joann Blessing-Moore's areas of specialization are pediatric pulmonology and allergy & immunology. Patient ratings for Dr. Blessing-Moore average 4.0 stars out of 5. She honors several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans. Dr. Blessing-Moore graduated from Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine and SUNY Upstate Medical University and then she performed her residency at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and Stanford Hospital & Clinics. Dr. Blessing-Moore (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and French. Dr. Blessing-Moore is affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Clinical Trials, Immunodeficiency, Atopic Dermatitis, Allergies, Conjunctivitis, ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Cowan works as an allergist/immunologist in Pleasanton, CA, Burlingame, CA, and Daly City, CA. Dr. Cowan studied medicine at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. He is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Health Net ELECT POS, and more. His professional affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Seton Medical Center, and Brown & Toland Physicians. Dr. Cowan is open to new patients.
Dr. Barbara Conner-Andersen is a Burlingame, CA physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Conner-Andersen takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Health Net ELECT POS, in addition to other insurance carriers. She attended medical school at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Mills-Peninsula Medical Group (MPMG).
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.