We found 5 immunologists who accept United Healthcare HMO near Burlingame, CA.
Dr. Steven Machtinger sees patients in San Mateo, CA. His medical specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. These areas are among Dr. Machtinger's clinical interests: chronic sinusitis and food allergy. He is rated highly by his patients. He is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CIGNA Plans, and more. Dr. Machtinger attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and subsequently trained at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital for residency. He is conversant in Spanish. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Dr. Machtinger's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Food Allergy, Chronic Sinusitis
Dr. Betty Miller is a pediatric allergist and immunologist. Dr. Miller is rated highly by her patients. She is especially interested in seasonal allergies, angioedema, and food allergy. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Health Net ELECT POS. After completing medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University, she performed her residency at Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo. Dr. Miller (or staff) speaks the following languages: Filipino and Spanish. Dr. Miller's hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), and Seton Medical Center. Dr. Miller's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Food Allergy, Seasonal Allergies, Angioedema, Asthma
Dr. Joann Blessing-Moore practices pediatric pulmonology and allergy & immunology. She graduated from Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine and SUNY Upstate Medical University and then she performed her residency at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and Stanford Hospital & Clinics. Patient reviews placed her at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Blessing-Moore is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Blessing-Moore (or staff) speaks the following languages: Spanish and French. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. She welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Clinical Trials, Immunodeficiency, Atopic Dermatitis, Allergies, Conjunctivitis, ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Cowan is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Seton Medical Center, and Brown & Toland Physicians. Dr. Cowan attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. He honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Health Net ELECT POS, and more. He is accepting new patients.
Dr. Barbara Conner-Andersen is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist in Burlingame, CA. She honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CIGNA Plans, and more. Dr. Conner-Andersen studied medicine at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She is professionally affiliated with Sutter Medical Network, Mills-Peninsula Health Services, and Mills-Peninsula Medical Group (MPMG).
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.