We found 8 immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Silver 04/100 near Surprise, AZ.
Dr. Bryan Updegraff practices pediatric dermatology, dermatological immunology, and dermatopathology in Sun City, AZ. Dr. Updegraff is rated 4.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Updegraff honors. He is a graduate of New York Medical College. Dr. Updegraff trained at Brooke Army Medical Center for residency. He is professionally affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center.
Dr. Bartlomiej Leyko is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Leyko obtained his medical school training at Jagiellonian University Medical College and performed his residency at Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He is conversant in Polish. His professional affiliations include Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center.
Dr. Praveena Kothur, who practices in Glendale, AZ and Sun City West, AZ, is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Kothur is affiliated with Banner Health. She accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Before performing her residency at the University Health Systems, Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Dr. Kothur attended Gandhi Medical College Hyderabad and Indira Gandhi Medical College for medical school. Dr. Kothur (or staff) is conversant in Telugu and Hindi.
Dr. Mark Schubert specializes in allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center. After completing medical school at the University of Arizona College of Medicine, he performed his residency at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix and Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency. Patients rated Dr. Schubert highly, giving him an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Schubert honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He has received professional recognition including the following: Phoenix Super Doctors.
Dr. Peter Freedman practices allergy & immunology in Peoria, AZ. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Freedman honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Todd Hrabak works as an allergist/immunologist in Glendale, AZ and Surprise, AZ. He accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Hrabak studied medicine at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency training at Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center. He is professionally affiliated with Banner Health.
Dr. Sam Ahn works as an allergist/immunologist in Surprise, AZ, Chandler, AZ, and Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Ahn's average patient rating is 5.0 stars out of 5. He honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. After attending Harvard Medical School, he completed his residency training at Yale-New Haven Hospital. His professional affiliations include Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center.
Dr. Julie Wendt's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. She is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Wendt studied medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine. She completed her residency training at Rush University Medical Center. She is professionally affiliated with Banner Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.