We found 7 immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Silver 04/100 near Surprise, AZ.
Dr. Bartlomiej Leyko's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. In addition to English, Dr. Leyko speaks Polish. His professional affiliations include Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center. Before performing his residency at Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Dr. Leyko attended Jagiellonian University Medical College for medical school. Dr. Leyko takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Praveena Kothur's specialty is adult allergy & immunology. She is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. She obtained her medical school training at Gandhi Medical College Hyderabad and Indira Gandhi Medical College and performed her residency at the University Health Systems, Pitt County Memorial Hospital. Dr. Kothur (or staff) speaks Telugu and Hindi. She is professionally affiliated with Banner Health.
Dr. Mark Schubert's specialty is allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center. He attended the University of Arizona College of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix and Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency. Dr. Schubert's average patient rating is 5.0 stars out of 5. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Schubert accepts. He has received the following distinction: Phoenix Super Doctors.
Dr. Peter Freedman sees patients in Peoria, AZ. His medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Freedman takes. Dr. Freedman studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Julie Wendt practices allergy & immunology in Glendale, AZ, Peoria, AZ, and Surprise, AZ. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Wendt's education and training includes medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and residency at Rush University Medical Center. She is affiliated with Banner Health.
Dr. Todd Hrabak's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Hrabak accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center, Dr. Hrabak attended medical school at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is professionally affiliated with Banner Health.
Dr. Sam Ahn's specialties are hospital medicine (hospitalist) and allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix and Banner Desert Medical Center. Before performing his residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Dr. Ahn attended Harvard Medical School. The average patient rating for Dr. Ahn is 5.0 stars out of 5. He takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.